Friday, December 10, 2010

day 9

Day 9: A picture of your friends

Okay, so I'm supposed to post "a" picture of my friends, but here are several :)

Chris Anderson aka CA : He has housed me on many of my trips back out to the midwest. I didn't know him until my senior year of college, but we got along right away.

Stephanie and Hannah : We met at Hillview, but being co-workers for 60 hours a week made us close friends. My job would have been much harder had these two not been here. I'm thankful for having made lifelong friends.


Cleaster : Another co-worker who has become a friend. She's also my housemate and keeps me company in this big, sometimes scary cottage.



Julianne and Allie : These two friends are amazing. Allie and I were roommates for two years and she continues to be such a close friend. Julianne might as well have been our roommate because she was always hanging out with us! JB and I have been travel buddies, from driving to TN for a backpacking trip to flying out to the Bahamas! I super love her. It sucks to have so much distance separating me from them.


Ellen and Amy : These two are sisters who I got close to at Taylor. I just recently saw Ellen on my trip out to Indiana, but haven't seen Amy for a while. For two Thanksgiving's in a row, I went to Myrtle Beach to be with them and their family. Ellen and Amy have been so gracious to let me crash with them during the holidays. Our road trips have been quite the experience.


Kristi : My roommate for two years in college who is incredibly smart and confident and passionate. She lives in the Bahamas (working on a freaking AIRPORT!) and I was able to see her in August when JB and I took a trip out there. Kristi is a friend who lets me know that it is okay to speak my mind.


Erin Rebecca Minnick : Ooooh Erin. I can't believe that she and I have been friends for about 13 years now. Wow. Surviving high school and then college while 2000 miles apart. This girl is amazing. She is finishing nursing school while working as an EMT and applying to become a firefighter. She motivates me.


David Taylor : This guy was my best friend in high school. Usually, Erin, David and I would hang out together. I super miss those days. He is married now, so I don't talk to him much anymore, but he was such a huge part of my life in high school.


And here are some friendships that I miss. It makes me sad to remember being so close to these people and now not even really communicating with them anymore. I guess we just let life get in the way.

Kayleigh : I met this girl while I was at Taylor because our boyfriends played baseball together. She actually went to IWU, a school near Taylor, but we saw each other a lot. Life has led us different ways, but she was always fun to be around.


Kat : The first semester of my freshman year at Taylor would have COMPLETELY sucked had it not been for Kat. She was my closest friend at Taylor during my first year there. We had so much freaking fun together. I think my favorite memory of Kat is when she and I would drive around Upland, IN in the middle of the night while listening to Jesus music. We wouldn't even talk...just drive and sing. I remember those moments being so emotional and refreshing and comforting. I must also mention that Kat was ridiculously funny. I loved her sense of humor.


Jess : I also met Jess because our boyfriends played baseball together, but we also lived on the same wing for a year in college. It took some time to get close to her because I have a hard time with that, but we did get close. We went to a LOT of baseball games together, drank way too much Diet Pepsi and watched countless episodes of America's Next Top Model. I saw her get married and now she has two daughters! I remember helping Jess and Dusty paint their first home. Seems soooooooo long ago, but we had some good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment