Thursday, December 9, 2010

day 8

Day 8: A place you've traveled to

I went to the Bahamas for two weeks near the end of summer. It was the furthest away that I had traveled and I was definitely nervous about going...mostly about the three flights to get there. I wasn't sure what to expect upon entering another country, but my trip turned out to be a.MAZING! My friend and roommate from college, Kristi, graciously let Julianne (my travel buddy) and me stay with her family for the first week we were there. We were so well taken care of by Kristi and her family, getting us rides to do the local things, having home-cooked meals always available, and letting us take over an entire room and bathroom.

The second week JB and I were there, we stayed in two different hotels. The first one was right outside Marina Village, which is where all the expensive touristy shops were located. This hotel also allowed us access to the Atlantis, which also included the waterpark at Atlantis. It was SO FUN to wander around the ginormous hotel (where we saw a game arcade, a movie theater, a live music area, and tons of stores) and to spend two days at the waterpark.

The last few days of our trip were spent at the Sandyport Resort, using the cheap public transportation to get us around. It was a good way to end our trip because it was so relaxing.

I left the Bahamas refreshed, tan, and bit by the travel bug.

The first beach we visited - Cabbage Beach


Probably my favorite part of the trip - we took a boat to a place called the Blue Lagoon. It was SO serene and beautiful. JB and I loved exploring.


Being touristy and walking around downtown Nassau


After hanging out at the Atlantis waterpark, JB and I were able to have a private session with the dolphins backstage - for free! Thanks Kemp :)


One of our last days in the Bahamas, on the Sandyport beach


PS: I went to 24 Hour Fitness to work out today. I went in the locker room after I had finished and I see a woman standing COMPLETELY naked in front of the mirrors in the bathroom. I had seen naked women in there, but they were usually in their little corner next to their locker, trying to be somewhat private about it. This woman was so out in the open and pretty much the first thing to be seen when walking into the locker room. I was a little surprised, but I have to admit, I kind of admire the way she just didn't care. She was obviously comfortable enough with herself to wear her birthday suit in front of strangers (whom she probably WILL see again). Props to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment