Sunday, December 12, 2010

day 11

Day 11: Favorite TV shows

I love The Office. When I first started watching it, I was confused, wondering if it was a documentary-type show about life in the office or a scripted comedy tv show. It didn't take long for me to fall in love with Michael Scott's ridiculous naivete, with Jim's famous "look" and with Andy's sporadic bursts of song. I'm one who likes stupid humor, so I definitely give this show two thumbs up. I think it's brilliant.

Why I love Michael Scott:

"People ask me, 'Would you rather be feared or loved?' Um, easy. I want people to be afriad of how much they love me"

"That's what she said."

"Do I need to be liked? Absolutely not. I like to be liked. I enjoy being liked. I have to be liked. But it's not like this, compulsive need to be liked. Like my need to be praised."

When I was waiting in the airport in Indianapolis, I saw Meredith (notice the bright red hair) and Jan from The Office. Meredith was actually a couple people behind me in line when I was going through security. I thought about going up to them in the terminal and asking for a picture, but I didn't want to be that annoying fan.


Another TV show I could watch forever is Friends. The tension between Ross and Rachel keeps the show moving and I love the romance between Monica and Chandler. My friend, Kat got me hooked on this show freshman year in college. We watched it all.the.time.


I'm a little ashamed to say that I watch 16 and Pregnant on MTV pretty regularly. I find it so mind-blowing that these kids are so careless and get pregnant so young! And at the beginning of every show, the girls promise that they'll finish high school and go to college and find a great job. Does that ever happen? Noooooo. I have yet to see a show end with one of the girls finishing school...usually it ends with them saying they regret being so irresponsible because NOW they realize how much they've had to (and will have to) sacrifice. It's really quite sad, but it's interesting to watch their journey.

Unfortunately, I was too old to be on the show when I got pregnant

2 comments:

  1. you make me lol.

    that third Michael quote is EPIC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally should have posted that "preggo" pic with you and josh... hahahaha

    ReplyDelete