Sunday, December 5, 2010

day 4

Day 4: Your parents

[mom]
The time I had with my mom was short, limited to only nine years. One happy memory I have of her is when she would ride her bike with Kristen and I to get ice cream at Thrifty's. It was certainly a simple activity, but back then, I wouldn't have known how precious that time with my mom would be to me now. The ice cream was great (obviously), but there is nothing that could replace that quality time with my mom. I think a lot of other “memories” I have of my mom are through the pictures and videos she left us with. I choose to remember the good in her.




[dad]
My dad has always been the stern one, but I can remember many times that we laughed together. He has a ridiculous sense of humor and definitely loves to make those “Dad jokes” that make you shake your head in embarrassment. During high school, it was tradition to go to church Sunday morning and then spend the afternoon cheering the Chargers on. I think that is one of my favorite memories with my dad – watching hours of football games and screaming at the television. It was definitely while watching these football games that I felt closest with my dad, loving being a part of what he loved.



No comments:

Post a Comment