Thursday, December 23, 2010

day 22

Day 22: Favorite vacation

My favorite vacation was probably my spontaneous trip to Indiana, surprising my two best girlfriends from college and celebrating the new year with them. Reasons why it's my favorite vacation:

1: It was spontaneous. I already had a few days off and decided to ask for a couple more so I could fly out to Indiana for New Years. I bought my tickets less than a week before flying out. It was fun to do something so last-minute, which also meant I didn't have to wait long before leaving!


2: It was a SURPRISE!! Allie and JB didn't know I was coming. My friend Chris picked me up from the airport and helped me figure out a plan. I hid in the office while he showed Allie and JB around the house. When they opened the door to the office, we were all jumping up and down and screaming.


3: I was able to spend quality time catching up with my good friends. We sat around and talked for a long time...so much better than just phone calls.


4: I was reminded of how much I love my friends and how loved I am. It was such a good break from the stressful environment of work, soaking up time with people who genuinely care about me.


5: I was in the Midwest. I ♥ the Midwest and anytime I'm there, I'm happy.


6: The obvious reason - celebrating New Years with friends is always fun. My short trip was so memorable and well-worth the money and last-minute preparations. I have wonderful friends.


Guess what?? Stephy-poo is here! Visiting her family for Christmas and spending time with me! I saw her the day she flew in and we spent most of today together, getting Starbucks (obvi), making a trip to Target for some Christmas shopping, eating lunch, looking at apartments in Washington (!!!), and going to Barnes and Noble. AND, she's coming back tonight to play games with everyone. Happiness.



No comments:

Post a Comment