Friday, December 17, 2010

day 16

Day 16: Dream house

Hmm, I have yet to even live in my OWN place yet, so I can't say I have thought a lot about my dream home. FIRST, my dream would be to have my own home (even an apartment will do!). I love the thought of having everything to myself, a space that is all my own, to be decorated and used as I please. Secondly, I would looooove to live out in the country, preferably in the Midwest. After being at Taylor for 3.5 years, I've definitely been converted to a country-lover. I would give up the city in a heartbeat.

One thing that is important to me (after living in a cottage with 8 kids), is to have a big kitchen! I feel like such a mom saying that, but after cooking for so many people and spending so much time in the kitchen, it is important that I have space. I love having an island in the middle, convenient for chopping and preparing and serving.

[I love the openness and simplicity of this kitchen, though I would definitely add more color and pictures!]


I'd like to think that I don't live with a lot of things. I don't like my room to feel cluttered because then it seems stuffy and chaotic. I enjoy more of a modern look, but I would be careful to make sure my room still feels welcoming and homey. Also, to have a room with a view would be incredible.

[To me, this room feels quiet and serene. I am a fan of natural lighting and neutral colors]


[I've always been a fan of stand-up mirrors. I think they can add a lot and they're unique]


[I'm sure a television would probably keep me up all night, but I'll probably have one in my room. I like the idea of a mounted television. It makes the room feel cleaner and allows more space for other things]


If ever the day comes that I get married, I would love to have double sinks and a lot of counter space for all my girly items.

[not my favorite bathroom, but you get the double sinks and big counter-space idea]


[A shower and a huge jacuzzi tub. I can't remember the last time I took a bath]


I'm a big fan of scrapbooking. It would be a dream to have a scrapbooking/craft room to keep all my papers and stickers and albums.

[Ideally, my craft room would be clean and organized like this. Realistically? I would make a mess and just make sure to keep the door shut]


A large, open living room would be ideal, with comfortable couches and lots of pictures. I would love to have many windows to allow for natural lighting, making it a comfortable place for family and company to spend time together. Also, I prefer carpet over hardwood floors (mostly because a lot of times, I prefer to lay on the floor than on a couch or chair, haha).

[I'm a fan of the big television :) I think I would change the colors...I like the openness of this living room, but it seems too pristine to be welcoming]


[A stone fireplace is necessary. To cozy up next to a fire on a snowy night is my ultimate happy place]


I love, love, love pictures. They say a lot about who you are and what you love. It would be fun to have pictures lining the hallway or have a picture wall somewhere in the house. I like the idea of using a variety of unique and not-necessarily matching pictures frames to display all sorts of pictures.

[I'm not sure that I would like THIS many pictures, but I love the idea. I might have to super-glue them to the wall though, because I will be crazy if my picture frames aren't straight! ps: thanks IKEA]


[Picture frame hallway that I love]


I have always loved the look of light-colored stone on the outside of houses.

[This house looks a little castle-like, making it kind of intimidating, but the stone is cool]



[I want a house with a porch to sit on and chat with people, watching thunderstorms or sitting in the shade on a hot day. This was at my friend's house in Shelbyville, IN]


[Space, space, space! I want land so I don't feel stuffy and crowded. I want my kids and/or dogs to be able to run around without being on someone else's property after they walk two feet away from the house. Silly California]


I had way more fun with this blog post than I thought I would. It's got me wishing and wanting and dreaming and hoping. Obviously, these pictures are of houses that will probably always be WAY out of my price range, but it's fun to dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment