Friday, December 24, 2010

day 23

Day 23: Something you regret

Hmmm. I regret missing opportunities to create friendships and spend time with people. Sometimes, it is really hard for me to meet new people. It's hard for me to be confident and make the first step, initiating an introduction or pursuing other people. I had a rough freshman, sophomore and junior year in college because of this. It wasn't until my senior year that I found myself surrounded by great people whom I loved and made me feel a part of something. I'm sure this was because I opened myself up a lot, intentionally spending time with these sweet friends. I was really sad to graduate early and leave all these relationships 2,000 miles behind. I'm happy to say that I still keep up with a lot of these people, even if it's just through some few and far-between phone calls.

Even now, I can say that I regret not spending more time with people. Being at a job like this reeeeally makes me value my alone time, sometimes too much. I lock myself in my room on my days off, sleeping in, watching television, being on my computer...basically, doing useless things. I find that when I spend time with friends or family on my days off (even though I sometimes really don't want to), I feel so much more refreshed and recharged and satisfied. We were meant for relationships.

On that note, I have to add that I spent some good time with my co-workers last night. We used to have regular game nights and worship nights after getting off at 1030pm, but then I went over less and less, eventually never participating in after-work activities. Well, I went last night and it was so fun. We played telephone pictionary (SO freaking funny), sang some Jesus music, and took ridiculously fun pictures. Proof:

[hanging out before playing games]


[meet: my co-workers]


[attempting to get a jumping picture]


[when there were only four of us left, we continued the jumping picture-taking silliness]


[this was a workout]

No comments:

Post a Comment