Thursday, March 3, 2011

life is unpredictable

Hello. Welcome to a sarcastic list of things I love:

one:
When you flush the toilet in a public restroom and the nasty toilet water splashes up at you. Gross.

two:
When a worker is loudly mowing the lawn right outside a drive-thru window when you're trying to order some food.

three:
When you spend half an hour working on an application and then a glitch won't allow you to submit it. [But that was yesterday and today I fixed the problem. I win!]

four:
When you're driving to meet a friend, forget your wallet and have to drive back to get it.

five:
When people leave grocery carts in the middle of open parking spaces. When you start excitedly turning in to park there while fist-pumping for the money spot, and then have to stop abruptly because someone was too lazy to walk five feet to the cart-return. Seriously people?

six:
When silly little boys get mad at silly little things and decide to threaten you and climb on roofs and run in the street.

seven:
When your car starts falling apart. Like when the light on the ceiling falls down and you try to fix it, but it just hangs there from the cords. It's only a litle distracting when you're driving and look in your mirror and see a light swinging back and forth. My friend calls it vintage.

Yesterday evening was pretty ridiculous at work. The children were being very "special" as one of my co-workers likes to say. It was handled and everyone made it out alive, but I left being so annoyed with the day. However, to my pleasant surprise, this morning went really well. The kids were great and cooperative and....QUIET! That never happens. Hopefully they're not saving all the craziness for this afternoon, but I'm optimistic.

I was sitting by a boy's door this morning as he was cleaning. He is 13 years old and out of nowhere he says:

boy: I have a girlfriend. We're still together even though she's in Puerto Rico.
me: Oh, really? I didn't know you had a girlfriend.
boy: Yeah, she's from Puerto Rico.
me: Where did you meet her?
boy: At Walmrt. Here in Chino. We still talk on the phone all the time.

Haha. So ridiculous. But hey, I humored the kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment