Friday, March 11, 2011

rest&relaxation

My gimpy ankle and I were prescribed to rest when I went for my follow-up appointment two days ago. The doctor told me to remember RICE: rest / ice / compression / elevation. How cute.

I did just what the doctor ordered. I sat around all day and did crafts, something that I have been obsessed with recently. I'm finding that during my off time or off days, unless I already have plans, I need to have a project to look forward to, to work on and to perfect. Otherwise, I sit on my butt, feeling bored and lonely. Being completely unproductive makes me feel like a waste of space.

SO. Being inspired from this craft on DesignSponge, I made daily calendar journal. On DesignSponge, they stamped only the day at the top and wrote a little note next to each year, but I decided to make my own only for the year 2011. That way, I can fill up the entire index card with several sentences instead of only having room for three words. I was drawn to this project because I love to journal. However, I rarely have time to do it and when I do, I get so overwhelmed with everything I want to say and "catch up" on, that I decide not to do it at all. Writing a few sentences about my day on an index card is something I can do...and something I'll enjoy reading in the future. I'm thinking about putting the cards into a scrapbook or something at the end of the year and then I can use this box to make index cards for 2012.

[I used Mod Podge to glue scrapbook paper on this box and I love how it turned out. I bought a date stamper to mark the dates and used heavier scrapbook paper for the month separations.]

I had gone to the thrift store to look for materials for the project above, but while I didn't find any, I did find a cool placemat. My friend had a placemat like this from WorldMarket and was using it as a jewelry holder. I loved how it looked and when I randomly stumbled upon this for only 79cents, I thought HECK YES.

[I glued picture-hanging hooks to the top of the placemat so they could hold my long necklaces. I also cut a strip off a green t-shirt, which served as a way to hang the placemat. This is so much more convenient than having all my earrings and necklaces thrown into a jewelry box.]

I also made some bracelets out of old t-shirts. You just cut a couple strips (depending on how thick you want the bracelet), pull them so the edges roll under, and then wrap it around your wrist. It's super easy and I was surprised at how much I liked the look of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment