Wednesday, March 23, 2011

aaaaah

After being such a mess of anger and frustration the other day, I have to write about what a fun off day I had on Sunday. The best friend and I went to see Beauty and The Beast at the Pantages in Hollywood! I randomly got that weekend day off (a rarity as of late) and we spent a good amount of money on these tickets, so we were super pumped. Erin and I LOVE musicals/plays/shows and to see Beauty and The Beast come to life was incredibly life-changing. Just kidding. But seriously, it was SO good.

I got to Erin's place a little early and we ate dinner together (hopefully a little idea of what things will be like in the near future). We finished getting ready and headed to Hollywood.


I entertained myself on the hour-long drive by taking lots of pictures...of myself. Unusual? No. Erin was a good driver, concentrating (most of the time) on being cautious in the rain. There was that one time we almost hit the car in front of us, but the important thing is that we DIDN'T. [love you Erin]


We got to the Pantages and found a parking spot nearby. We rushed through the freezing rain and picked up our tickets at will call. We spent some time admiring the theater and taking pictures before the show started. Also, I may or may not have taken a couple pictures of random little girls who were SO cute, dressed up in their Belle outfits.



The show was amazing! Belle sounded just like she did in the Disney movie and had a gorgeous voice. One of my favorite characters was Gaston...an arrogant and self-absorbed, but ridiculously funny man. I loved the way they made the show funny, adding comments and one-liners that really engaged the audience. I was laughing. They had it all - the scenery, the colors, the special effects, even streamers shooting out from each side of the theater! You should go see it.


After we got back to Erin's place, I crashed on her couch for the night. I'm so thankful for friends, for theater, for relaxing days and being able to spend money on things that make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment