Wednesday, February 2, 2011

oh yeah

I did it! I completed day 2 of working out. It might not sound like that much of an achievement, but it is for me. I'm taking it day by day and hopefully that will turn into weeks and months of consistent exercise. It has really helped me to add variety to my workouts. AND working out with a friend helps to have a much more intense workout. Erin and I recently decided to meet every Wednesday at a 24 Hour Fitness and work out together. Today was the second Wednesday we met up and it was so good. Get a workout buddy!

This evening at work, we took the boys to Bass Pro Shop. Have you been to that place before? It's insane! HUGE. Two stories of camping stuff, boats, clothes, fishing equipment, hunting gear...all sorts of things. They even had maps because the place was so incredibly big. We had a good time.

[looking at all the huge, scary fish]


[we had fun sitting in all the boats and wishing we had $30,000 to drop on one of them]


Also, while we were driving on the 15N to get to Bass Pro Shop, there were ridiculous winds. The van I was driving was swaying back and forth. I had visions of the wind flipping the van over (I hate how my mind goes to these scary "worst-case scenarios"). So, I'm driving cautiously on the freeway and then I see a semi-truck on its side on the shoulder. Then there were was another knocked over semi on the right side of the freeway...and then ANOTHER! There were three trucks laying on their side and all within half a mile of each other. That freaked me out. Luckily, we survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment