Friday, February 18, 2011

remembering

A couple days ago, I was feeling really nostalgic. I decided to go through my memory box that I made back in high school (maybe junior high, I can't remember). My step-mom suggested that I do it and I'm glad I did. It contains schoolwork, journals, pictures, notes, trinkets...starting all the way from when I was in elementary school. I haven't added to it in years, but I have loved looking through it and re-living past memories. I have especially loved my journals. Everyone should have a journal.

[My wonderfully decorated memory box. I don't really understand the bird and the worm, but I'm sure it made sense in my junior high brain. On the right is my rockin' diary from when I was around 12 years old and then my 2006 custom-designed journal.] 

[It was really entertaining to read the letters I wrote and the notes I received. On the left is a letter I wrote in school...my favorite part: I'm thankfull for America. And on the right is a precious letter from my sister (I have kept several of these). She even gave me a fancy little illustration at the end.]

I'm glad I saved these memories. It's always good to remember where you've been and to see how you've pushed through.

Right now, I'm looking forward to some good changes within the next couple months. God has been leading me to certain things and has really transformed my (what I thought were) unshakeable ideas of what these particular changes would look like. I am excited.

1 comment:

  1. this is so precious. my favorite is "ashley is being maen and she sess I love Nathan. I love you".

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete