Monday, February 7, 2011

hmm, that's odd

While waiting in the checkout line at Kohl's, I saw a sign:
Saving is my style!!

And accompanying this slogan was a very happy man, preppy-dressed with a huge smile on his face. Hmm, cheesy much? Also, I don't understand the phrase: The more you know, the more you Kohl's. It doesn't make sense, right? You can't just modify the English language (which makes so much sense in the first place) and change the name of a place into a verb. I personally hate it. But I guess "the more you know, the more you shop at Kohl's" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

I was browsing in Target today and overheard an energetic conversation between three workers:

Sarah: Ooooh my gosh, will you please go to the club with us?
Mary: Sorry, I don't go to 18 and older clubs.
Sarah: C'mon, pleeeease! Just suck it up and hang out with us!
Mary: Nope, ever since I turned 21, I don't go to 18 and older clubs.

[blah blah blah...this went on for a little while]

Sarah: Oh, my gosh, so when I was at the club, this guy kept coming up and bothering me.
Cody: Dude, you should have let me know because I would've talked to him.
Sarah: Yeah, it's like, as soon as you mess with one Target person, you mess with all of us.
*[names have been made up according to what it looks like their names should be.]

As I was driving, I noticed a license plate that read: ♥erdoll
Then I saw her license plate frame and it read:

If you're gonna be on my ass, at least pull my hair
[what a classy lady]

Thank you random public.

1 comment:

  1. i love people. haha
    i wonder where she got that license plate frame.

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete