Friday, February 25, 2011

man, oh man

I was SO sick last night. I had been feeling bad all day during work, but around 600pm, it just hit me. I could barely walk, my body ached all over and I felt like I was going to pass out. So, I called off sick at 630pm and told everyone I would be on-call if they needed me. I ended up sleeping from 7pm - 650am, when I had to wake up this morning. My body was clearly exhausted. And even this morning, I didn't feel fully rested.

On another note, as I was driving to pick up some food today, I saw a man on his bike. He was looking a little bit disheveled and on the front of his bike, he had a [I think, laminated] white piece of paper that said: LA Fitness RULES, 24Hour DROOLS. Haha, I wonder what caused that.

Also, another ridiculous thing that actually kinda made me mad happened at the gas station tonight. I was walking out and heard somebody blasting their car horn. I looked around and noticed a child in a car, maybe by himself, I couldn't tell. Some man noticed this child too and was lingering to see where the heck his mom or dad was. Then I saw the man run over to the driver's side door, so I followed him to see what was going on. I looked in the car and there were freaking TWO little boys that had to be 2 years old or younger. All alone in the car. The man said that the boys had unlocked the car and almost fell out, which is why he had rushed over. We stood there for a second wondering what irresonsible adult left these two toddlers alone in the car, when we see their mother coming out of the gas station. REALLY? So, so, so, SO completely unsafe and brainless to do something like that. I'm not even a mom, but it pissed me off. I don't think the conveniency of having your children stay in the car alone while you stop at a gas station is worth the risk of having them get kidnapped, or run off by themselves, or die because no one is supervising them. Ugh, people, come on!

2 comments:

  1. It's actually a state law now...that is illegal! That mom could actually be arrested for child endangerment!! So dumb, especially in this society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Chris, I didn't know that. I mean, it makes total sense...people just don't use their brains! Good thing there are good people out there, like that guy, who hung around long enough to make sure her two toddlers didn't escape and get hurt. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete