Wednesday, February 16, 2011

pleasantly surprised

Today, Dell saved my life. Shocking, right?

I was at Barnes&Noble yesterday afternoon and online, looking up jobs and whatnot, when ALL the sudden my computer started going nut-so on me. I kept getting pop-ups saying that my computer was under attack and that I had a virus. The only online page I could reach was an anti-virus software that the virus was offering. Hmm, I chose to NOT download that particular software.

I had to go back to work in the afternoon, so I wasn't able to resolve the issue right away and that stressed me out. I know how awful a computer virus can be. I wasn't supposed to be off today, but was offered to take the day off and jumped at the chance [yesterday afternoon was kind of an emotional few hours for me anyway, so time to myself was welcome]. ANYWHO, I called Dell today and it only took a minute to get connected to a real, live human being. I was shocked.

And then, I was pleasantly surprised to find out how easy this fix was going to be. All I had to do was plug in some web address and the agent took over my computer, fixing it from his end. I was expecting to be on the phone while he walked me step-by-step through everything. But let me tell you, this was SO easy! I was on the phone for 2 hours, but most of it was speaker-phone while he was working on my computer, giving me free time to do laundry/clean/eat [he even told me to grab a cup of coffee or something while I waited].

So. Yes, I paid about $300, but that included the fix, a renewed subscription to anti-virus software (which I already needed), and maintenance software. I was very pleased with the service and the conveniency. Thanks, Dell.

Also, today I am very grateful for my bff. I met with her for coffee at Starbucks and we talked for over an hour and a half. I left feeling refreshed, encouraged and loved. Thanks Airbair [haha, no, you'll never live that one down].

No comments:

Post a Comment