Tuesday, January 4, 2011

to whom it may concern

dear radio stations,
Please stop playing the same songs over and over. It's overkill to play the same song sixty thousand times a day.

dear Starbucks,
Thank you for existing.

dear 2011,
Be kind to me. Bring me new adventures, fun memories, lots of pictures.

dear Washington,
Please let me find a job in your state. This whole job process thing has been pretty unproductive and it's frustrating. I don't want to be frustrated.

dear weather,
I would love it if you stayed cold forever. Summer doesn't have to exist, does it?

dear little green Saturn,
I realize that you have traveled over 150,000 miles and you've done good. Hang in there because I need you.

dear body,
Keep going to the gym. It's good for you.

dear Jodi Picoult,
I have read all sixteen of your books. I hope you're working on another one because I don't know what to do with myself these days. You are an incredible author.

dear April 15,
Please come slowly. I'm not ready to turn 24 yet.

dear scrapbooking,
My love for you is great, even though you can sometimes be expensive. You help me to relax, to express my creativity, and to make my memories something tangible.

No comments:

Post a Comment