Saturday, January 22, 2011

my week

On Saturday the 15th, I watched Tess and another little boy named Jack. Tess is the daughter of some friends that I met through Hillview. I had forgotten how tiring it is to babysit two little children...they were running around non-stop, having a happy (loud) time together. But, it was fun to be with a different age group for a few hours...oh, and it was also cool to not be assaulted or anything. Thank you Tess for your innocence.

[she was so cute putting on her chapstick]


[she loved looking at books and listening to me read to her]


On Monday the 17th, I worked all day (because the kids were out of school). I was about to leave around 900pm and was just getting into my car to head to the gym, when I got a text saying that I was needed. I walked back to cottage and found the big room (or what is known in other households as the living room) looking like this: [see picture below] Except worse. Two children had thrown probably 5 or more decks of cards all over the room...each card thrown individually. There were game pieces EVERYWHERE and all the books and DVD's on the shelf had been thrown across the room as well. There were even cards soaking wet in the sink.

[The room was much messier than this picture...we were almost done cleaning by now. All but a couple decks of Skip-Bo had to be thrown away. What a waste]


[a co-worker sorting through the mess to save a few decks of cards]


On Tuesday the 18th, I discovered Picnik. It loads a little slowly on my computer, but I love the editing I can do with it. It is simple and easy to figure out, but can really change the look of a picture.

[before]


[after]


On Wednesday the 19th, I got together with a college friend of mine. Kayleigh and I had not spoken or seen each other in years, as our paths went different ways, but we recently reconnected and quickly planned to spend some time together. She went to IWU, which is about 20 minutes away from Taylor and we met while watching TU baseball games. Kayleigh ended up living in California and only half an hour away from me (well, without traffic...so probably add like 2,343,369 minutes). We met up at Miguel's in Corona for dinner and it was SO good to catch up with an old friend. It's cool how you can just pick up where you left off with some people. I'm thankful that we were able to share our lives with each other and we plan to hang out again soon.

[Kayleigh and I at the mall in the fall of 2007]


[in the spring of 2007]


On Friday the 21st, I was off and spent time with Hannah. I was supposed to get up and work out in the morning (yeeeeeeeeeah, that didn't happen). We went out for lunch at Chili's and then saw Due Date at the dollar theater in La Mirada. It was a movie I had been wanting to see for a while and for two dollars? Heck yeah!

[this might be the first picture I have of Hannah and I together...on our way to Sonics]


[Memorial Day at Hillview in 2010]


Today is Saturday and I worked, but we only had two boys in cottage because the rest were on visits. Soon after a late breakfast, another staff and I took these two boys to Prado Park to fish. It was beautiful outside and the park was so wide open and green. I am not a fan of fish or fishing, but it was nice to be outside enjoying the weather. And the boys were so great. Bonus.

[such a perfect day]


[This boy was so patient while trying to figure out his fishing pole hook thing. Too bad I was no help because I know absolutely nothing about fishing]


Sweet, sweet news! On February 9th, I will be visiting Stephanie in Washington! I have been meaning to take a vacation up there for so long, so I'm super happy it's finally happening. I'm calling it a productive vacation because it will be a good opportunity for me to look for more jobs and be available for companies to see me in person...not just an email that they (probably don't even) read. I'll be out there for five days and I'm way excited for the colder weather, the beautiful nature and the break from my job.

[Hillview's annual spring break day...our cottage was decorated as "Alice in Wonderland" and Step and I are enjoying the cupcakes we made]


[May 2010 in Hollywood. This is the day we were supposed to hike to the Hollywood sign, but definitely didn't happen because we got stuck in so much ridiculous traffic and had to be back at work in a few hours]


[my second time snowboarding at Snow Valley...I think the sun was in our eyes, haha]

No comments:

Post a Comment