Wednesday, January 12, 2011

love and be loved

I am just plugging away at these job applications, praying that God opens doors! I am trying to have a better attitude while I'm working here and patiently waiting. Well, at least I'm trying to be patient. I asked for some time off the beginning of February to fly out to Washington. If that gets approved, I will visit Stephanie and hopefully give out some resumes in person.

I did have a good day at work yesterday. I was encouraged by one boy in particular who was unusually welcoming and open with me. I enjoyed him a lot and there was a lot more laughter and unity at work than there has been recently...a small blessing during a challenging time for me. I also spent time with a good friend after work. It was so refreshing to catch up and just love each other through listening and sharing life's most recent hardships and praises. Relationships are SO important!! I have been so convicted of this and have been trying to be more intentional about spending time with people. I think I've written about this before, but God has really been pressing this on my heart, making it worth mentioning again.

[Mankind is no island]



I saw this video on another person's blog and fell in love with it. The video aroused so many emotions in myself. How can you not be convicted after watching this? We were meant to live in fellowship and harmony with one another, building each other up and loving like God has first loved us. Maybe that means giving someone the benefit of the doubt sometimes. Assumptions can be hurtful and are just a sorry excuse to not take the time to understand. Let's be more understanding, quick to forgive, filled with compassion and generous with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment