Wednesday, January 5, 2011

round three

Today I went snowboarding with my sister. I'll admit that I was a little apprehensive about it because the first two times I went, it proved to be a challenging sport and I remember being SO sore afterwards. Kristen and I were also nervous about the weather (last time, the car slipped on the ice LUCKILY, while we were on the side of the road next to the wall).

Buuuut, the weather turned out to be perfect. It wasn't too cold and the sun was out, giving us perfect visibility. We were also surprised to find that it was not crowded at all. Booyah.

Speaking of the weather, there was a thin layer of ice on my car when I left Chino at 745am this morning. I actually used my ice scraper that I got while living in Indiana. Crazy.


Taking advantage of the gorgeous view while driving up the mountain. It was crazy windy.


A picture together.


Going up the ski lifts!


We stopped for a quick lunch break, shoving down food and Gatorade so we could get back out to the snow.


The view at the top of the lifts was amazing and because there were so few people, it was really quiet and a lot of snow was untouched.


I was done before Kristen, barely getting down the last slope because I was so tired. I sat down to read and wait for Kristen to finish getting some rides in, but she joined me soon after. She made it down two mores slopes before deciding to call it a day. We were/are exhausted. But never too exhausted to take great pictures like this.


So when Kristen and I took a break for lunch, I walked by a woman who looked like Tori Spelling. I didn't really think much of it until Kristen mentioned the same thought. Yes, it was definitly Tori Spelling AND her whole family! And yes, I was quite star-struck. Kristen and I were surprised that they had come to Snow Valley to snowboard/ski and we were also surprised that people weren't hounding them. Some girls came up to take a picture with Tori Spelling's husband, Dean McDermott. An attractive man, I will admit (and a lot taller/bigger in person!) If I was braver and didn't mind being "that" annoying person, I would have gotten a picture with them. But, because I didn't want to interrupt their little family vacation, I just creepily stalked them instead.



And then Kristen took a video.



We kept waiting for the perfect turnout to stop and take some pictures of the beautiful sunset. When we got out of the car, we were nearly BLOWN OVER by the wind! It was so freaking cold and incredibly windy. We snapped a couple pictures and ran back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment