Monday, November 8, 2010

things are different here

Last night I clocked off later than I have in a long time. We had a fifteen year old child screaming, "I'm evil! I'm evil!" over and over at bedtime, while all the other boys were trying to sleep. We helped him to another building, where he could scream and be loud without disturbing any other kids, while he continued to relentlessly yell "Evil! Bad! Wicked!"

I wonder how much of it is for attention and how much of it is due to serious mental disturbance. Putting aside our feelings of exhaustion and annoyance, we were patient with him, waiting out the two hours of broken record-like sentences. After he was able to go back to his room, he started saying "Oooow" in a kind of quiet, but I'm going to be a little loud to test the limits sort of voice. I went in and asked if he was in pain and if I could get him anything to make him feel better. His response?

"It's the smelllllllll. It smells bad...The smell of the kitchen is hurting my stomach."

Haha, seriously? I told him to maybe put his blanket over his face to mask the smell (that wasn't even there) and said goodnight. An interesting end to what had been a great day.

On another note, the other day I talked to my grandma, whom I haven't talked to (or seen) in forever! It was good to catch up. I felt really encouraged and supported. Here's a picture of me, my grandma and Michelle in '06.



Now this is completely random, but as I was looking through picture albums that my mom made, I came across this picture of my sister and just LOVE it. She looks so presh.


The kitty loves me.


Okay, done with the randomness. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment