Saturday, November 20, 2010

do dah

I'm off this weekend!! Wahooooo! I never get both a Saturday and Sunday off. The only downside being that of course, THIS is the week that the Chargers play on Monday instead of Sunday. Mmmmm ah well (there's always something to complain about huh?).

I stayed up until 300am last night, mostly because I knew I could sleep in today. Which I did. I didn't get out of bed until noon. The rain made it easy to stay in bed that long...something I'd usually feel guilty for doing. I dragged myself out of my warm bed and got ready to head to the post office to mail an application for a job in Seattle. I got in my little green Saturn and had to jump start the battery because it had died overnight. As soon as I pulled out of the parking spot, my car died. Dang it! I started it again with the battery charger and it died AGAIN. This happened probably three or four times until my car actually stayed on (so bad for my battery, I know). But, I successfully made it to the post office to deliver my application and am now at Starbucks.

I would be in my room right now, except my television isn't working. This is the second time the cable has gone out and it's SO ANNOYING. The most annoying part is that it's working everywhere else on campus except in the cottage where I live! What the heck. And then, after I catch myself getting all mad, I realize how ridiculous I sound to get so annoyed about such a petty thing. It really does show how addicted I am to television. Maybe the cable going out is God's way of reminding me that there ARE other things more important in life.

So far, I've turned in two applications today, making that 12 total. It's hard to get the application process started, but now I've realized it's been really hard to patiently wait for a response. I wish the companies would at least send me an email saying that I have not been chosen, so at least I know they received my application and read it, you know? I really hope (and please join me in praying!) that I find a new job soon. I really am thankful that I have a steady income right now, to have a job while I'm searching for a new one. But I'm antsy for a change...really antsy. It's hard not to be checked out at work as I anxiously and impatiently wait for a new opportunity.

Stephanie, I'm coming! This process is just taking a little longer than expected. Remember me while you're frolicking around Washington and know that I'm ridiculously jealous of the forecast for snow!



Oh also, I just received $60 worth of pictures that I ordered from Snapfish a few days ago. But don't worry, I waited for a good deal and only paid $35. I am super stoked to finally have pictures again because I have missed being able to scrapbook. I made a scrapbook when I was 16, and it looks okay, but recently I have been obsessed with putting my pictures into books. It is relaxing and fun and rewarding to have books that I will never get tired of flipping through. I don't mind spending money on scrapbooking stuff because these books are something I will always have and always enjoy. Also, I don't have to be as mad about the cable being out because I have something else to occupy my time.

Okay, I'm going to eat my bagel. It's probably cold by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment