Friday, November 12, 2010

let's go for a drive

I love road trips. I've made a couple of them and hope to do more...there's so much to see! Before I went to Indiana for college, I was definitely a California snob. I didn't think I would EVER leave the flawless, sunny, perfect state of California because surely, nothing could be better. Well, I surprised even myself when I started driving across the country and discovered that maybe there was more out there to see and that juuuuust maybe, I might love the midwest.

The first road trip I took was with my step-mom...a five-week drive from Escondido, CA to Washington DC and back. Whew...a looooooooong trip, but memorable. The Honda we were driving didn't have a working radio, so we used my CD player with some speakers. You say ghetto, I say creative! I even stuck my feet in the Atlantic Ocean just to say we'd been coast to coast. It was on this trip that I had my interview at Taylor University, which I was dreading, but ended up being SO good. So good that I gave up everything familiar in California to live in a new state, attending a university where I knew no one. Probably one of the most difficult and best choices I have made.

Driving to Taylor University to start college


At the gym where olympic athletes train


On our drive from Indiana to Florida for a missions trip during spring break


Driving back to Taylor from Tennesse after a backpacking trip


On our way from Taylor to California, with my little Saturn packed full of all my stuff


Stopping along the way for a Chargers game!


My first road trip from Taylor to Myrtle Beach with some friends


Second trip to Myrtle Beach in my poor little car


Reunited!

No comments:

Post a Comment