Thursday, June 24, 2010

yes please

Some things that Stephanie and I have done together:

Got manicures and went to a Padres/Angels exhibition game


Braved a scary ski lift (first time for me) and went to the top of Mount Baldy


Competed with the Olympic USA bobsledding team (at Knott's Berry Farm)


Went apple-picking


Conquered the heights of Chino Hills State Park


Went snowboarding in a snowstorm fog


Today, we drove to the mountains and are spending the night in Idyllwild. We're staying in a cabin in the middle of a cute mountain town, complete with bookstores, gift shops and candy stores. We've already spent a lot of time in the local coffee shop and have loved breathing clear air and listening to the sound of...nothing. No screaming kids or speeding cars or feeling the pressure of going, going, going. Mmmmmm, I don't think I want to go back.

I had an emotional day yesterday, but I reflect on it with a positive attitude. I have hope in a restored relationship and I am optimistic about the future.

Come back for Idylwilld pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment