Monday, May 31, 2010

memorial day

Every year, Hillview celebrates Memorial Day with an outrageous carnival. This includes a petting zoo, bounce houses, endless amounts of food, games and prizes. The kids love it because people from the community come and they also can invite family and friends from school. Last year, we had about 1,200 people visit during the carnival and I can't imagine that number being any less today. It's cool for staff too, because we get to hang out with each other and a lot of times, kids who have left Hillview will come back to visit. It is always interesting to find out how kids are doing after they leave Hillview. I had a good time today and it made me happy to see my girls having such a good time too.

I love this picture




Two of my fantastic co-workers


In the evening, while the girls were watching a movie, I found this card next to the sink in the kitchen. It was from one of the girls I really enjoy and I was so encouraged by it! She usually doesn't do things like this for staff, which made it extra special.

The front of the card


Haha, she started coloring, but didn't get around to finishing it


The card wrote:

Dear staff,
You guys are so cool. I really enjoy hanging out with you guys. Well, I can't wait til Memorial Day on Monday. Ya, well I love you all.


So simple, but so precious. It must sound like I'm making a big deal out of such a small thing, but I have to hold on to these good moments! It helps me get through the not-so-good ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment