Sunday, May 23, 2010

of spontaneity

I wanted to get a second hole pierced in my ears today, so I did. Steph and I were working, so we took three girls to the mall and walked around for a couple hours before heading into Icing. I made Stephanie go first because I was being a huge baby and even after I saw her get it done, I was still being ridiculous.

When I was around 7 years old, my mom took me to get my ears pierced with my sister, aunt and cousins. It was a Christmas gift to me and I was incredibly excited. However, we got to Claire's and I completely wussed out. I paced back and forth in the store, wanting so badly to get my ears pierced, but being so afraid of the expected pain. I cried a lot. But even after all those tears, I did it!

Turns out, in both situations, the anticipation of pain was waaaaay worse than the actual pain itself. In fact, I wouldn't even call it pain. It's more like a quick sting and then it goes away. Wah. All this to say, I am SUCH a baby. I'm so thankful for friends that make do things I'm too afraid to do on my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment