Saturday, April 16, 2011

a long overdue update!

My, oh my. So much is going on right now. So much transition. I feel like there is so much to update. So, here is my life [in list form] of my life during the past week...in no particular order.

one
Last weekend, I spent three days with my Grandma and on Saturday, we flew on a private jet to Portland, Oregon. My grandparents have been in the process of finding a house in Vancouver, Washington and so my Grandma and I were able to see two of the houses my Grandpa was interested in. The jet was so cool and Portland/Vancouver was b e a u t i f u l.


two
Remember that time I'm moving out of Hillview tomorrow?! Eek. Packing, packing, changing addresses, getting a storage shed, packing, looking for jobs, packing, packing.

[cluttered hallway full of all the crap I don't want and my bare, empty bedroom]

three
I watched Disney's Tangled twice in two days because I love, LOVE it. And then I got three of the songs. I wish my life was a Disney movie and it was acceptable to spontaneously break out in song.

four
One reason that all this transition has been so stressful is because I'm dealing with some medical issues. I don't think they are serious because all of my tests have come back normal, but I'm still cramming in doctor's appointments and tests before my insurance runs out at the end of April.

[One of the tests required wearing a heart monitor for 24 hours. I wore these sticky nodes all over my chest and kept that black monitor in my pocket. Most annoying thing ever. Want to know why it was even MORE annoying? Read on...]

five
On the day I was doing the heart monitor test, I also went to the beach. It was something that had been planned for a while...our last hoorah as Hillview co-workers/friends living and raising children together. The heart monitor ended up not being as in-the-way as I thought it would be and I had a lot of fun hanging out with some good people.


six
I want to specifically mention that my friend [and ex co-worker], Hannah, was able to come down in time for the beach day and she also spent the night with me. Hannah left Hillview a week before it closed down and moved about five hours away. We only said goodbye two weeks ago, but it was sooooo, so good to see her again. I love her.


seven
I am not a fan of this heat. It's suffocating and it was NOT fun loading and unloading all my stuff in 80 degree weather.

eight
It was my 24th birthday yesterday. Despite all the packing and cleaning and errands, I enjoyed spending a fun evening with Erin. For the past three years now, she has planned something for my birthday and it has always been a surprise. 2009 it was Disneyland, 2010 it was a tour of WB Studios, and this year she took me down to the Americana at Glendale. It was a beautiful outdoor mall that I would describe as a mix of San Diego's Horton Plaza and a mini Las Vegas. We ate quickly and saw Source Code at the theater there. Have you seen that movie? I love Jake Gyllenhaal, but I'm still trying to figure out the ending...

By tomorrow, I will be all moved out...maybe. All of my big stuff is moved and in storage. I'll be crashing at Erin's place for three weeks until we make the big move to Wilmington!! We're incredibly excited about our place and can't wait to have visitors once we get settled in. I'm hoping to use these next three weeks of being at Erin's place to find a job. Ideally, it would be great to have a job lined up, or already started, by the time we move. I would be so relieved! I'm trying to stay confident and optimistic about the job search, and remembering to trust that God's hand is in all of this. I've got a lot to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment