Tuesday, October 26, 2010

silly weather

Sooooo, I went to bed SUPER late last night (I'm still in Indiana, by the way). Late, like 500am. Yikes! I was watching The Office episodes and had the television on...it took me a while before turning it off because being alone in a silent hotel room is kind of scary. Anywho, I woke up around 1000am and heard crazy pounding against the window. I opened the curtains and couldn't see further than several feet out because the rain was CRAZY. I was still a little disoriented because I had just woken up, but my heart was pounding from anxiousness. I turned on the news to see what exactly was going on. Tornado warning.

I looked through the peephole in my door, wondering if anyone else knew what was going on. I started to calm down when I didn't see people frantically running down the hallway.

Hm, maybe this isn't as bad as my mind is making it out to be.

I kept an eye on the news until the rain died down and the tornado warning turned into a thunderstorm warning. Thunderstorms I can handle (mostly).

What I saw out my window, though not nearly as crazy as when I first woke up


I go home tomorrow to the wonderful city that is Chino, California. Back to work, back to real life, back to a place where the trees will NEVER look as gorgeous as they do during fall in the Midwest. Here are some pictures of my short, but sweet vaca.

One of the things I love about Indiana


Enjoying Incredible Yogurt...well, I enjoyed it. Allie's strawberry shortcake looked like throw-up after she stirred it all up and I guess it was hard to eat after I verbalized that observation.


In the DC - our cafeteria at school


Seeing Darcy(!) for the first time in almost two years...SO good to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment