Friday, September 10, 2010

waterfalls, disney, and dancing

During the uncertainties of life here at Hillview, many of us houseparents have been spending a lot more time together. It is such a blessing to work with great people. I have been having WAY too many late nights, but the high-energy social activities that are going on almost every night now, help to soothe a stressed-out mind.

Last Tuesday, Tamara and I went with Mark and Nate on a hike at Eaton Canyon in Pasadena. Nate told us about the hike and I was hesitant to go, but the challenges of it sparked my curiosity and I decided to see what it was all about. It was intense, especially for someone who hadn't been active in tooooo long (dang it, I need to start working out). We had to climb up the side of a huge rock, walk across a three-foot wide ridge, scale the side of a rock while holding on for dear life lest you fall backwards and break a couple bones, climb almost straight down a "path" while holding on to a dog leash attached to a branch sticking out of the hill, and when we reached almost the end of the hike, we all slid off the top of a waterfall. Ah. I get nervous when I just think about it. I sat there at the top for a long while, contemplating if I really wanted to slide of the edge of a 30-foot drop. But I did!

Three days later, my legs are still sore, but at least I can walk normally now. I am out of shape. I need to get on that. Here are pictures!

After Mark went down the waterfall, I kept asking him questions about it. I had to be sure it was safe. [By the way, he posed like that in pretty much all of the pictures that were taken of him on this hike]


My turn down the waterfall. Ha, I was in shock when I hit the bottom. My poor little heart. But would I do it again? Yes.



Then last night, we hung out in one of the staff cottages playing Wii dance and Wii sing. Usually for game night, we'll play Spoons or Apples to Apples around the table, but it was fun to do something different last night. Wii sing Disney was a hit.

Enjoying the ridiculous singing and dancing


Nate and Mark performing the Tribal Dance


Mark and Cleaster singing "A Whole New World" with/to each other :)

1 comment:

  1. I think it's hilarious that Cle and Mark are lying down while singing. Must have been a long day... haha. I expect a full-length album of this day soon. Especially the hike. =)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete