Sunday, April 4, 2010

hello easter 2010

It's Easter today! It didn't really feel like Easter because I was working, but I had a good day with the girls. We had a picnic in the park, had an AMAAAAZING steak dinner (and I usually don't even like steak) and then an Easter egg hunt. Admist all that, we were also decorating for spring break day, which is Wednesday. It's a day of fun and games for the kids while they have the week off. Cottages earn prizes for winning games, sportsmanship, best cottage decorations and such. In the girls cottage, our theme this year is Alice in Wonderland. We have been working ridiculously hard to get all the decorations made and put up on the walls. It will be awesome. I can't wait to post pictures of our finished product!

ALSO. Remember that time there was an earthquake today?!? I was sitting at the table, cutting out pictures of flowers when I felt the ground start to shake. I was already feeling a bit shaky and lightheaded, so at first I thought nothing of it. But it continued and it almost felt as if I was on a boat that was moving over rolling waves. It wasn't a shaky earthquake like I've normally experienced. It was very subtle, but you could definitely feel the waves. Once I figured out what was going on, I started getting super nervous. We haven't prepared for an earthquake, so I was hoping it wouldn't get worse. Luckily it didn't. It seemed to go on for a while, but it definitely wasn't bad, just unexpected. Our girls did well, except for one who came out of the hallway running and screaming that her bed was shaking. Haha.

Happy Easter everyone. I hope we all remember the meaning of it.


Since I don't have a picture of my Easter this year,
here is what I was doing exactly one year ago. Ahhhh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment