Thursday, March 25, 2010

grandma t

My grandma is 90 years old and is one of the healthiest and most active seniors I know. However, at the beginning of March, the doctors told her she had a growth on her liver and had one to two months to live.

I went to visit her on Monday after not seeing her for over a year. It was so good to spend that time with her. I was visiting for about three hours, during which we just sat and talked. My grandma was so upbeat and joyful, repeatedly saying that the Lord has been so good to her. She was so thankful to be pain-free and said that she has no reason to complain.

I asked her a lot of questions about her life. She told me about living with her husband in the internment camps during World War II and about life after the war in Escondido, CA. I told her about my job and how difficult it has been recently. She was so sweet, saying that she would be praying for me. She is such a selfless, loving person. I'm hoping to have more time with her, but I take comfort in knowing that she is in the Lord's hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment