Monday, March 8, 2010

a happy saturday

I have so much to write, but have had no time. So I'll skip all the "work is difficult and crazy" part and instead post pictures of my fun day snowboarding on Saturday. I went with Stephanie - my best friend from Hillview, Erin - my best friend for 12 years, and Kristen - my sister. Talk about world's colliding.

It was my second time snowboarding and I did so much better than the first time. I was way less scared and went on bigger slopes.

It started snowing in the afternoon, making it the first time I've seen snow fall in California. There were also places on the mountain where it was incredibly foggy. As we were going up the lift, there were times when it was impossible to see ANYTHING because the fog was so thick. The snow started coming down pretty heavily around 300pm, so we went down one last slope and decided to head out. We risked it by not buying chains before we drove up the mountain, in the hopes that we could make it down before the snow started sticking.

The snow was bad (for California at least). It wasn't letting up at all and it only took a few minutes of driving down the mountain before the car started sliding on ice. I was driving only 10mph, but the tires lost grip. I tried adjusting the steering wheel, but I had no control, so I turned them to point towards the mountain. I figured hitting the mountain was better than sliding off the mountain. There was an SUV right behind us that also started sliding. They were super close to our car, but were able to stop the car before hitting us. After several minutes of deciding what to do, we were able to get unstuck from the mountain and drive down without any other scares. Whew.

Look at our pictures :)











After getting back, we showered and got dressed up. We met Stephanie's sister at the Old Spaghetti Factory to have dinner together.

No comments:

Post a Comment