Monday, January 4, 2010

surprise!!

Wow. I just got back from an awesome weekend of friends, fun and lots of relaxation. The result of a crazy burst of spontaneity was a trip to Indiana to celebrate New Year's with my midwest friends. I only bought the tickets a couple days before flying out and only told one person I was coming, in the hopes that I could surprise my college roommate, Allie, and one of my other closest friend from Taylor, Julianne. OMG, it was awesome. Chris picked me up from the airport about two hours before the girls were getting to his house. We had time to do some grocery shopping, eat dinner and prepare for the big surprise. We decided that I should hide out in the office and then I could surprise the girls when Chris took them for a tour around the house.







My heart was racing and I was shaking in anticipation as Chris and I waited for Allie and Julianne to arrive. Once the truck drove up, I ran to the office and shut the door. It seemed to take FOREVER for the girls to unload their suitcases and finally start a tour of the house. Allie was making sure to ask as many questions as she could, driving me crazy with anxiousness! It was so hard to be quiet when I could hear their voices in the next room! Chris had the brilliant idea of setting up my camera to record the surprise. The first four minutes are of me just waaaaaaaaaaaaiting. Watch the video below! Their reactions are priceless!



We spent the rest of the night talking, relaxing and watching one of the best movies ever, Anchorman.





On New Years Eve, we slept in really late and then hung out for a few hours. The girls started getting ready around 500pm (and we weren't ready until almost three hours later!). We all went to downtown Indianapolis for dinner, at a place called Scotty's Brewhouse. It was FREEEEEZING walking to the restaurant and all the girls excluding me, had bare legs!









Dinner was good, but we decided to go to Champps for dessert because the place seemed lively and a more exciting place to ring in the new year. There was live music, dancing and huge television screens so we could watch the ball drop in New York!





It was an awesome weekend and well worth the four hour plane ride there and back. It was too short...I'll be back soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment