Tuesday, January 19, 2010

random goodness

Random thoughts throughout today:

1.
I love how the kids will get enthusiastic about the things that I get enthusiastic about. For example: football games. They gripe and complain at first, but it doesn't take long for them to accept that I am going to watch football. I guess they eventually decide that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

2.
This job takes EXTREME amounts of self-control. Amounts of self-control I didn't know that I had. I have had to bite my tongue so many times and I have to always keep my attitude in check. I've learned through experience that my approach affects their response and in the same way, my response to them affects their attitude. I can't give my girls a reason to freak out. I think sometimes that they push my buttons so I'll get mad and then they can blame me for making THEM mad. Being the bigger person is so hard, but such a big part of growth. I have to hold on to the thought that I'm learning and growing through these tough and painfully frustrating situations.

3.
God desires me a lot.

4.
I don't have much of a liking for hockey. But I went to a Ducks game tonight with a few of my girls and found that I can get into any sports game. I love how everyone is united for their team and it is easy to get swept up in all the cheers and excitement of the game.

5
When I'm driving with the girls, I listen to a lot of what I call "Jesus music." I usually put it on when we're driving back from an outing, so they will calm down and relax. Recently I've noticed a couple of my girls singing along to these songs. It makes my heart so happy. I often ask them if they know what the song means, giving me the opportunity to explain. I love how the girls start to enjoy things that I love.

6.
I can't seem to shake the feeling of loneliness tonight.



And now...
Some pictures that make me smile:







No comments:

Post a Comment