Sunday, June 26, 2011

nowhere to be

Today was so good. Refreshing and relaxing, fun and slow. Erin and I checked out Rock Harbor Long Beach for the first time this morning. It was in the upstairs lounge of a nightclub in downtown Long Beach. There weren't a whole lot of people there, but I think I enjoyed that. It's been too long since I've been to church and the people there made me feel really welcome. Growing up in such a HUGE church with thousands of members has always led me to feel a little more comfortable in big churches. But, I'm learning to enjoy the intimacy of fellowship in a smaller church.

Erin and I also decided to decorate our patio today. We browsed Target and IKEA to buy some things and we scored. Hello baby grill, hanging string lights, green plants and pretty candles. Welcome to our home.


And to celebrate our newly-decorated patio, we grilled some chicken and ate outside for the first time. We spent more time on our patio today than we have in the whole month and a half that we've lived here. Thanks to a beautiful day, it was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment