Thursday, June 16, 2011

comments on LA traffic

one
Let's just take a moment of silence and realize the wonder that is LA traffic.

two
Blinkers. They're not that hard to use.

three
In a weird way, LA traffic makes me feel connected to other people stuck forever on the freeways. Even though many people in LA like to be self-absorbed and in a hurry and annoyed with everyone else, we can all agree that we hate LA traffic. Sometimes I want to stick my head out the window to the person in the lane next to me and say, "This just sucks, doesn't it?" [But I don't because I also don't want to get shot. You never know what to expect from people, says the paranoid me.]

four
Everyone made sure to stay three cars behind this guy.

five
Music is my sanity when it takes me more than twice as long to get somewhere in Los Angeles than it should.

six
Today I was in Hollywood for a second interview. Seriously, SO many people. SO many tourists and cars and tourist buses and pedestrians. Hm, stressful much?

seven
My car likes to overheat in stop and go traffic.

eight
Don't you just love the speed demons that weave through traffic to get 15 feet ahead? Because we all know the risk of doing that is well worth the time it saves.

nine
At least we get a wonderful view of the LA smog while stuck in traffic for two hours.

ten
Okay, if I have to say one positive thing about traffic, it's that I enjoy being able to roll my windows down and save the AC. Fresh air [with a little smog mixed in to spice it up] is nice. And it helps my car not to overheat.

Aaah, the beauty of living in a big city.

No comments:

Post a Comment