Wednesday, August 18, 2010

change is imminent

We had an important meeting at work yesterday. Without going into all the details, and paraphrasing most of what was said, my job is no longer secure. Worst case scenario is that I am job-less within the next couple months or maybe even sooner. There weren't many details given. Everyone seemed to be surprised at how fast things were changing, trying to process all the information and think through all their options. I have been leisurely looking at new jobs in Washington, but now I'm really feeling the pressure of needing to be pro-active about sending out my resume and hopefully getting some interviews. I feel really confused about what I want the next step to be and how I want to get there. My brain is so jumbled.

More change - today was the last time I will see Steph before she moves to Washington. I spent time with her family and then helped her vacuum pack some things before saying goodbye. It was a fairly brief goodbye. I couldn't handle getting emotional because I knew that I wouldn't be able to stop the tears. Ugh.

My heart is heavy today.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that's why I said bye quickly too. Thank you, Hillview, for making us unable to regulate our emotions. Haha

    Stephanie Marie

    ReplyDelete