Tuesday, February 23, 2010

one [...] year

Today marks my one year anniversary at Hillview. It has been one long [challenging, fun, emotional, discouraging, empowering, completely crazy] year. I was trying to decide what to write about today because a year is a lot to sum up. I decided to sum it up in ten.


Ten things I learned at Hillview (in no particular order):

1. How to file a missing persons report. Over. And over. And over again.

2. How to cook for ten people.

3. How to love someone who the day/hour/even minute before was cursing your existence on this earth.

4. How to open a locked door in the dark.

5. How to become a better decision-maker, especially in crisis situations.

6. The impact of my attitude.

7. How to stay calm when things are crazy.

8. That I have female authority issues.

9. That I'm addicted to Starbucks (or perhaps, my job caused an addiction to Starbucks).

10. That a 22-year old can look good in a mini-van. Oh yes, I do.


:: Thank you Hillview for a crazy year of growth and new experiences ::

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! One year is quite an achievement, especially with much of what you have had to deal with. I'm glad you have stuck it out. :)

    ReplyDelete